About the Institution: The goal of development cooperation is that of reducing poverty. It is meant to foster economic self-reliance and state autonomy, to contribute to the improvement of production conditions, to help in finding solutions to environmental problems, and to provide better access to education and basic healthcare services. (Read more)
Life Skills-Related: Project Humanity is a pilot project for teaching and learning about Humanitarian Principles. Project developed in consultation with Swiss Red Cross, ICRC and IFRC. Based on the concept that “Humanity can be Learned”. The principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality and independence underpin all humanitarian missions worldwide. Students benefit in every respect from the deeper examination of the Humanitarian Principles as part of this school project:
- They discover the importance and the function of the Humanitarian Principles.
- They examine the importance of the Humanitarian Principles for people in need.
- They learn how humanitarian aid works.
- They relate what they have learned to themselves and their own values.
- They develop a personal opinion and are able to present and defend it.